Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Back from the Bahamas just in time for the Golden Globes...thank heavens! Above are some of my faves...
1. Charlize Theron...love love love the all pale neutral ensemble. So pretty. Dior Couture.
2. Emma Stone...can NOT get over the colors of this Lavin dress on her. The peek-a-boo sides & lion's head belt really seal the deal.
3. Freida Pinto in Prada...the texture & color of this I love.
4. Kristin Wig working the whole boho glamour stitch which is usually my route as well. The color, plunging neckline, art deco jewels, & I just woke up like this hair have me swooning. Thank you Bill Blass.
5. Laura Dern...emerald & sparkles? YES.
6. Michelle Williams is such a fave of mine. She pulls off what no other can. Velvet touches of this Jason Wu were perfect & taking home a Golden Globe doesn't hurt either.
7. Rooney Mara...love me a tough girl & after seeing Girl With The Dragon Tattoo she is it. In love with the fact that she is always in black, this time Nina Ricci.
8. Reese Witherspoon...thank you for not wearing a high pony. Love the simplicity of this Zac Posen.
A few other remarks...
Hated Jessica Alba's look. Why does everyone this she is such a "fashion girl"? I am confused.
I feel like Tilda Swinton had a big fashion moment...in a good way.
Love Jessica Biel. I mean you really can't say anything negative when someone is that gorg.
What are you doing Kate Beckinsale? Same thing time after time...boring.
Can I just be a child of Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt please? All my dreams would come true...
Didn't Mila Kunis wear that dress last year in lavender???
Elle Macpherson...TOO much! You are "the body" so we already need you to take it down a notch on a regular day.
Images via http://www.style.com/
Thursday, December 8, 2011
Shourouk. Pink Miami Brass Crystal Necklace.
Matthew Williamson. Pom Pom Embellished Suede Clutch.
Shourouk. E. Vegas Crystal & Sequin Earrings.
Prabal Gurung. Rose Print Silk Blouse.
Roksanda Ilincic. Draped Silk Blend Maxi Skirt.
All Images via Net-A-Porter
So I am clearly in love with new jewelry design house Shourouk! I am loving there neon accents & the crystal detailing. Plus after 3 years of Mawi love their prices are looking pretty good too. Must have the earrings at all costs.
Is that Matthew Williamson clutch not the cutest thing ever? It embodies so many of my favorite styles...Moroccan, pom poms, neon, knit, etc...
Not sure what it making me feel as though I can't live without this Prabal Gurung blouse...but I am lusting all over it. With black skinnies & my Prada patent leather booties & a white fur vest?? Needs to happen!!!
Thank goodness for the maxi! That is all I have to say. Comfortable, stylish, easy to wear, looks good with anything & everything...probably my personal favorite trend. Currently loving a leopard pring persuasion from Zara, but this bright orange is making me feel all warm inside. Can I please put this on with a white tank & have a cocktail of the patio at the Breakers? Please? Thanks.
Saturday, December 3, 2011
a little dancing...
aww...christy's song for julia & jason brought tears
the ever fabulous nat
my fave wild gals
daddy o & momma bear...i love this
the beautiful edgar
again...bringing back those moves
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Loving my new shoes from Zara. Fulfilled my need for some snakeskin in my life & of course I love a good tassel. Mom, being the interior designer that she is, was so thrilled about the tassel...it was ridiculous.
Also loving this yummy little jacket I picked up in Greensboro at Designer Archives for $12. Yes, I know. It is wool, angora, & cashmere. So soft & warm...the poof sleeves make me happy.
So anytime a large box arrives from Antik Batik I get fashion goose bumps. My 2 favorites are above & both sold the day after their arrival...thank god the vest went to mama bear so I have access to it. It is amaze. Multi colored fox & rabbit fur never hurt a girl. I wish the photo of the robe coat was more clear because the colors are insane & so perfect for fall. Red, burgundy, tan, black, & cream....rabbit fur...kimono style sleeves...I die.
Image via Hanneli
Browsing through a favorite blog this am (Hanneli Mustaparta) & found this image of Hanne Gaby hitting the mixed patterns trend right on. The look is Dries Van Noten & completely sums up my dream fall/winter wardrobe...